Wednesday, August 12, 2009

and so it begins...

aunt flo FINALLY arrived on Sunday.  i was so excited, when i wiped and realized this in the wee hours of the morning, i actually said, "yesss!" in a quiet way to myself.  i'm a dork.

i called the nurse first thing monday morning to let them know.  they call back later in the afternoon to let you know what your "Day 1" is going to be. they determine your day 1 based on the other patients' schedules.  since we are doing a FET, they give us one embryologist just for our embies that day, so they have to make sure there aren't too many other transfers that day.

they gave me my Day 1 as Tuesday, August 11th.  of course that means i was supposed to go in for blood on Day 5, Saturday.  we are going to Long Island for a wedding on friday morning. when i called to get the details on what lab was open on saturday i explained to the nurse that i had to rearrange ferry and hotel reservations and shorten my vacation.  she pled my case to the doc and he said he would do the labs on friday before i leave.  yay!  of course i was willing to do what i had to do, but it was so nice that they were so accommodating.  now mr and i can enjoy our long weekend away, instead of being annoyed at driving so far for 1 day.  

so, i began the estrace tablets  (1mg twice a day) on sunday and will continue that through day 5.  on day 6, i increase to 2 mg twice a day.  it changes more from there, but i don't have my calendar in front of me.  my estimated transfer date is August 31st :)

5 comments:

Lin said...

Great news! Funny when seeing AF becomes great news, huh? Glad they were so accomodating! Fingers crossed for you!

Just me said...

I'm glad things are getting started! Hoping for a super successful cycle for you!

Missy said...

good luck!

Tiffanie said...

hey, 8/31, that's our 6 yr anniversary - it has to be good luck, right?! i totally believe in dates being lucky. i had my ER on my nephews b-day and the ET on the b-day of a lady in my RE's office. i know, i'm a dork too:) good luck and have fun on your long weekend.

Hillary said...

Whoo-hoo! Glad you get to start your cycle! :)

makingmemom.blogspot.com